As for custom components built for ODA 19.4.1 and beyond, few changes were made. Here are the steps to create a CC.
- Globally install the Bots-node-sdk in your computer
npm install -g @oracle/bots-node-sdk
2. Create the custom component folder and cd into it, then;
3. Package the custom component.
How do you debug CC code from your computer before deploying?
To run the code locally, you use;
You have to create a tunnel to expose your localhost server to the internet. You can use ngrok or local tunnel to achieve this.
ie. If you use ngrok: >>> $ngrok http 3000
Now your url should be like below:
https://<your tunnel host>/components
Navigate to the components section in ODA select + Service button.
Select external as the deployment option as shown below: The username and password you write “none“
Once connected you can now debug your code using your favorite code editor.
- Changes to the local deployment of the custom component in Oracle Digital Assistant and how to handle it
- How-to Debug Custom Component Services Deployed to Oracle Digital Assistant Skill Bot Local Component Container
- Building Custom Component Services with Node Express Made Easy for Any Node Container